How has your first week of 2018 been?
I have made a few small changes but they have made a massive difference to my mental and emotional wellbeing. I am a great list person, but the problem with this is that I just keep adding and become overwhelmed with the amount I need to do.
At the end of 2017 I purchased The Girls Mean Business Awesome Marketing Planner of which I am an affiliate and in this I write a list of 3 tasks for each day; so much more manageable and so much more positive when I achieve ALL of these, which I have done every day.
I believe this is the way forward with exercise as well, set yourself small achievable targets and you are more likely to reach those end goals.
Looking back to my “could do” list from 1st January, where else has there been successes?
- Walk 10,000 steps each day – yes, every day apart from New Year’s Day
- Play board games, read, do wordsearches etc for at least 30 mins each day (electric free zone) – whoops, I had forgotten all about this – next week then
- Do things one at a time rather than multi-tasking – have taken some apps off my phone and am only logging on to FB and emails via my PC rather than my mobile which helps massively with this
- Aim to do at least one small act of kindness each week – lots of normal things eg opening doors, interacting with strangers etc but need to challenge myself more with these
- As soon as “the simple things” is delivered schedule time in diary to read cover to cover – awaiting delivery of the next issue and have managed to lose the January copy. I have though either read or meditated each day
- Source a cleaner – hmm, I have contacted someone on recommendation, but have failed to get a response, nothing I find more annoying than not getting a reply
- Use my wonderful VA (Ann of The PA Portal) for more admin tasks – yes
- Keep on top of everything (bin, file or action)…… yes