In honour of Day 4, I am sharing a 4 ingredient recipe with you.
I have a bit of a sweet tooth and I am even more pleased when I find a new recipe for a healthy treat! Amazeballs are my current favourite and I have adapted them from various different sources: http://www.foofoofunclub.com/2014/super-fibre-provider-amazeballs/, http://www.fab-fitness.com/ and The Medicinal Chef, Healthy Every Day – Dale Pinnock, Quadrille Publishing.
Now my cooking style is a bit throw it in and hope for the best so amounts are approximate, give it a try and adapt to your palate!
- 2 x cups of soft dates (I used a small tea cup)
- 2 x tablespoons of dried cranberries
- 2 x tablespoons of nut butter
- 4 x teaspoons of cocoa powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon for that Christmassy flavour
- Desiccated coconut for decoration
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and process on the highest setting to produce a smooth, dough-like texture. Roll into small balls (in the desiccated coconut), about 2-3cm in diameter, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.